If you are interested or would like to nominate someone for this position, please contact Ronnee Schweizer, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Treasurer role is less time consuming than a PTA treasurer and our outgoing Treasurer is on-call as needed. As a board position, we ask for a two year commitment.
The Blue Springs Music Boosters have supported the Blue Springs School District music programs for over 30 years. As a non-profit parent-based organization, the Music Boosters exist only through membership participation, contributions, and the chocolate candy fundraiser. We distinguish ourselves from the high school Band Boosters in that our focus is broader; supporting all K-12 music students and programs – vocal, orchestra and band – within the district.
We have a wonderful board and we meet just four times during the school year. Our main objectives during the year include:
- Host a back to school brunch for all music teachers in mid-August
- Sponsor the Chocolate Bar Candy Fundraiser
- Assist with Singfest in the Spring (5th grade event)
- Provide $500 scholarships to one senior at each of the two high schools
- Provide financial support for:
- Purchase of instruments, instrument repairs, fieldtrips, etc.
- Try the instrument day at the middle school level
- Accompanist fees for All District competitions
Please consider becoming a part of the Blue Springs Music Boosters through either the open Treasurer position, by becoming a member or through volunteer opportunities.
To learn more about the Blue Springs Music Boosters, visit other parts of this website or go to https://bluespringsmusicboosters.org/forms/memberships-and-donations/ to become a member.