The Music Boosters offers at least one scholarship to a senior from each of the district high schools in Blue Springs. The scholarship award will be a minimum of $500 each. We are excited to have this opportunity to celebrate the musical accomplishments of our district seniors.
Eligibility Requirements Include:
- Family must be a current* member of the Blue Springs Music Boosters for the current school year. Click HERE for membership form. (Please note that this is different from a member of Band Boosters.) *Dues must be paid prior to scholarship submission. Membership will be verified. We suggest paying online for easier verification.
- Applicant must be a member of a high school music performing ensemble and in good standing meeting current eligibility requirements.
- Applicant must be in the top 50% of the graduating class. A copy of your high school transcript must be attached to application.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, private teachers, counselors, principals, ministers, or employers. One letter MUST be from your primary large ensemble instructor.
- A minimum 250 word essay detailing the positive influence of music in your life.
If you qualify and are interested in this scholarship, please fill out the Scholarship Application or you can obtain a copy of the application from a school counselor. The deadline for turning in applications to school counselors is Friday, February 24, 2017.
Note: Each year the scholarship selection committee is composed of new people, not affiliated with the Blue Springs School District, but having extensive musical backgrounds.
2016-17 Scholarship Winners
Each year the Music Booster Board revisits the opportunity to award scholarships to eligible seniors. It bases this decision on several variables, but in particular this year’s candy fundraiser was exceptionally successful. This year, the Board voted to award $1000 scholarships to three (3) seniors at each high school!
We are very excited to have received a number of wonderful applications this year and are pleased to offer the Music Booster Scholarship to the following seniors:
Blue Springs High School:
Blue Springs South High School:
We wish them all the best as they embark on the next new journey of life! And we hope they will always keep music a part of their lives.
2015-16 Scholarship Winners
We saw an increase in applicants this year overall. We are so happy more people are aware of this opportunity!
This year’s winner from Blue Springs High School is Steven Lee. He was a member of the Golden Regiment Marching Band, euphonium section leader, and was awarded honors in district and state music festivals. The winner from Blue Springs South High School is Bethany Rogers. She participated in marching band, and symphonic band, was a section leader, and won district and state honors, in clarinet.
Congratulations to both our scholarship winners and we look forward to seeing next year’s applicants!
2014-15 Scholarship Winners
We were very happy to receive applicants from both high schools this year! Of course, we extend our best wishes to each applicant for their remarkable musical talents, but we can only award one to each high school.
This year the winner of the Blue Spring South High School award is Julia Curry and the Blue Springs High School winner is Walter Puryear!
2013-14 Scholarship Winners
We received a number of wonderfully talented applicants for this first year. It was very difficult for our scholarship committee to make a decision. For the 2013-14 school year our scholarship winners were both students from Blue Springs South High School as we had no applicants from Blue Springs High School.
We wish to congratulate Stephanie Curry and Pearson Harris on being the winners of the 2013-14 Blue Springs Music Booster Scholarship. And best wishes to all our applicants as they embark on their next phase of life! Remember “Music Matters”!